Wednesday, January 21, 2009

songbirds and vegetables

Peacocks, peacocks are far too colourful for this moment. I would just assume dive into a cold pool than address a song bird today...

"Brother, today i have broken my spade. Without my spade i cannot remove the weeds from the vegetable patch...
As I sit here and share space with the mud I struggle to grasp the idea of a spade -less farmer.
I lament the lives of those vegetables whose air and soil will be taken over, and as i cry i notice my tears mixing with the soil..
Brother how can I take care of anything when clearly, my own life can flow deep into the soil and shed its viscosity to join those darkened bodies? Brother, how can a vegetable farm the crop?"

-a conversation translated by a songbird, a boy to his brother

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of the spring thaw when the soil melts or when new life which is reborn every spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nampook's other half does not have understand your creative talent. She finds it interesting,but she doesn't grasp the creative genius behind it. Analytical is her world.

    ReplyDelete