Sunday, February 1, 2009

ah servant

"Didn't I tell you to have the piano expanding amidst inferno so the hammers and chords flatten and burst as the man played into the crescendo? How does one of work and servitude such as yourself expect to achieve any of your happiest dreams?"

"Perhaps I do not fair well in such a quest. But tell me Sir, are your dreams ubiquitous with both colour and a sense of pain?"

"Well, no.."

"Then I do not trust your dreams. Instead I will leave you now on the shores among the lions of Africa or the uncompassionate bellies of the leopards in South America..."

"What is it that you dream about?"

"I have to try and be careful about dreaming Sir. I must instead try and consider the fundamentals."

"What then are your fundamentals?"

"The fisherman's hands bleed as the rope pulls and slides through their grasp. Like him, I can recognize and connect with the blood that flows from them, and although I am not my parts I can not seem to escape their sum. As I continue to will things to happen Sir I must poor some of the gasoline on my own skin.....
Look over here Sir, I am sorry. We have another piano in the foyer."

- a conversation as remembered by a slightly scalded piano player

2 comments:

  1. so much the clearer my dear dear dear. i love it. and think i am mearly the scalded pianist. yes.

    ReplyDelete